Monday, February 15, 2010

NFL = Sorority?


Hey ya'll! Hope everyone had a great Valentines! We had a fabulous weekend filled with lots of beautiful moments. I am a huge fan of Valentines Day- i think I am a sucker for pink heart shaped things, and also the surplus of candy helps too! Avery was filled with sugary treats all weekend long and was constantly carrying her big red Elmo balloon that her daddy got her, walking around saying "hawpy balenties day!" It was hilarious!
We have all been super busy. Matt is constantly in top-secret meetings all day long with all the other scouts, but he loves every second of it. We are getting closer and closer to the NFL draft which is super exciting and you guys may not think this is weird (or even care!) but the draft starts on a Thursday this year which is SO WEIRD to me! Anyways I am nervous for him and I tell him constantly that this whole NFL draft process reminds me SO much of sorority rush with all the "we want this person" and "if this person doesn't choose us, then we want this person next." He laughs and shakes his head every time I say that but it honestly is almost just like the rush Bid Day process- haha! I asked him if they have huge notebooks with all the prospects in it, and if they make up cute slogans for the guys the like the best.........he gives me his best "are you serious" look, which I choose to think means that he knows I am right but is ashamed to admit it, right babe???!!!
My work is going good but for some reason I have some really hard kids right now that are totally draining. Plus when you work with kids, their parents generally come as part of the package and THAT is often the most draining part. But I still like my job and LOVE working in pediatrics, some weeks are just harder than others, and I feel like this week may be a tough one with some really hard conversations coming up. Pray for my strength, patience and wisdom to say the right things to these parents.
We have a really fun next month or so coming up with lots of family coming to visit, a trip to Texas (we may not come back - haha!), AND a trip to Disney!!!! We can't wait and can't wait to share it with all ya'll!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I totally agree with the draft being like a sorority! So funny :)

Lisa and Ryan said...

Sounds like a fun month coming up! I love that when we have lots of fun things planned to look forward to! I'll be in Miami in August for our sales meeting for work!